When children attend summer camps and sports camps located in Riverside, California, the last thing that parents anticipate is sexual abuse being committed by a camp counselor, volunteer or an older child. Unfortunately, these crimes occur at camps throughout California every year. At The Senators (Ret.) Firm, LLP, we stand by survivors of summer camp and sports camp sexual abuse in Southern California. Our Riverside summer camp abuse lawyers can help you and your family understand your legal rights and fight for justice. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- Our Riverside summer camp abuse lawyers have years of experience representing sexual abuse victims. We can go up against any adversary, including major camps in Riverside, on behalf of child sexual abuse survivors.
- We use aggressive legal strategies to achieve optimal case results for each and every client. We have collected millions of dollars in successful settlements and jury verdicts since 2007.
- You will receive personalized legal services. Our law firm is dedicated to providing the highest quality legal representation and support to summer and sports camp sexual abuse survivors.
What Is Camp Sexual Abuse?
Going to camp is often viewed as a rite of passage for young children. It is a time for them to learn, grow, find their independence, and make new friends and experiences. Sadly, for many campers in California, it is a time that is marked by life-changing trauma due to sexual abusers.
Sexual abuse, assault and misconduct can occur at any day camp or sleep-away camp in Riverside. Sexual predators may take advantage of their positions of power over youth campers during a summer or sports program. This could lead to various sex crimes committed against vulnerable children, including:
- Kissing, fondling, groping or touching the private parts
- Inappropriate sexual or romantic relationships
- Exposure of sexual organs in front of a child
- Masturbation (exhibitionism)
- Child molestation
- Forcible penetration, sodomy or rape
- Statutory rape with an underage camper
- Child pornography
- Child sex trafficking
Any sexual activity involving a child under the age of 18 at camp is against the law in California, as minors are under the legal age of consent. Relationships between counselors and campers are also prohibited due to an imbalance of power between the two parties. If you or your child was inappropriately touched, sexually assaulted or suffered a pattern of sexual abuse in a camp setting in Riverside, you may have grounds to file a lawsuit.
Pursuing Justice for Child Sexual Abuse at a Camp in Riverside
Sexual predators who target children at summer camps and sports camps can face criminal charges for their sexual offenses under the California Penal Code. Criminal cases can result in jail time and other significant consequences to punish a perpetrator. However, sex offenders can also face civil liability, or legal and financial responsibility for harm caused to the survivor, through civil lawsuits. Filing a claim could entitle a survivor to financial compensation for various losses, such as:
- Medical bills for physical injuries
- Ongoing physical and mental health care
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Psychological harm or trauma
- Lost wages and capacity to earn
- Legal fees and out-of-pocket costs
- Punitive damages, in some cases
Sadly, it will take much more than financial compensation to help a survivor heal from the trauma of being sexually abused at a camp in Riverside. At The Senators Firm, we understand the emotional hardship survivors face. We offer personalized legal services to help victims as much as possible during the fight for justice.
Were You Sexually Abused at a Camp in Riverside, California? Contact The Senators Firm for Help
If you or a loved one was taken advantage of by a camp counselor, coach, or another adult at a Riverside summer camp or sports camp, you may be able to collect financial compensation for sexual abuse. The Riverside summer camp abuse attorneys at The Senators Firm are here to help you seek justice and maximum compensation for your past and future damages. Contact us at (949) 557-5800 today to schedule a free, confidential case consultation.