Child sexual exploitation is a heinous crime that can cause long-lasting physical, mental and emotional trauma for victims. Exploited children often feel helpless, hopeless and alone – taken advantage of by adults or individuals that they trust. At The Senators (Ret.) Firm, LLP, we are passionate about standing up for child exploitation survivors in Orange County and throughout California. We are dedicated representatives with a reputation for aggressive victim advocacy. Find out how we can help you today during a free, private case review.
Why Choose Us?
- We have dedicated our personal lives and professional careers to protecting the rights of sexual abuse victims. We are aggressive legal advocates for child exploitation survivors.
- Our Orange County child exploitation attorneys have collected millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for past clients since 2007. We know how to effectively make your voice heard in the civil justice system.
- You will work closely with your attorney to pursue your case goals. We will listen to you and tailor our legal services to meet your needs. Your identity can remain anonymous, if desired.
What Is Child Exploitation?
Child exploitation refers to a predator taking advantage of a vulnerable child or young person for sexual gratification, pleasure, abuse or financial gain. Many victims of child sexual exploitation are groomed, meaning they are targeted from a young age and deceived or misled into believing they are in a consensual or loving relationship with an abuser. Examples of child exploitation include:
- Child abduction for the purpose of sex trafficking
- Child abuse and neglect
- Child molestation, sexual abuse or sexual assault
- Child obscenity
- Child sex tourism
- Distributing or circulating sexually explicit materials involving a child
- Filming or streaming sexual acts involving a child
- Financial extortion through the threat of distributing intimate images
- Having conversations of a sexual nature with a child
- High-technology child exploitation crimes
- Online solicitation of a child for sexual acts
- Rape, attempted rape, or statutory rape
- Sending sexually explicit images to a child
- Sodomy or forcible penetration
- Using threats or blackmail to force a child to participate in sexual activity
Child exploitation is a commercial sexual manipulation of youth. It forces children to take part in sexual activities with one or multiple people and may take them away from their homes in sex trafficking scenarios. Sexual misconduct, abuse, assault and violence can have far-reaching implications for a victim. Every aspect of a survivor’s life may be affected by the crime of child sexual exploitation.
Civil Recourse for Survivors of Child Sexual Exploitation in Orange County
If you or your child has been sexually exploited in Orange County, help is available. You can seek justice by filing a civil claim against one or more parties. You may be able to hold an institution accountable for failing to protect a vulnerable child from exploitation. This could include a school, sports organization, religious institution, juvenile detention center or foster home.
At The Senators Firm, we can help you with the claims process. We can investigate your case, collect evidence of child exploitation, identify the liable party or parties, and file your claim within California’s deadline. Your Orange County child exploitation lawyer will seek to hold someone accountable for the egregious wrongdoing you suffered and pursue maximum case results on your behalf. You may qualify for compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, physical injuries, reduced quality of life, and other damages.
Contact Us for a Free Case Consultation
Child exploitation is a very real problem that plagues Orange County and the nation as a whole. At The Senators Firm, we are committed to helping survivors achieve justice for the harm they suffered from perpetrators and sexual predators. We can help you work through a civil claim against one or multiple parties for child sexual exploitation. Contact us today by calling (949) 557-5800 or sending us a secure online message for a prompt callback. We will believe you.